Friday, May 31, 2013

Zion by Hillsong United

The popular band Hillsong United came out with yet another stellar album back in February. I’m pretty sure I’ve listened to it every day since it released. United has seriously stepped up their game on this one!

This incredible project contains synth-heavy, melodic tunes while staying true to United’s consistently beautiful, soulful vocals and biblical lyrics. The album starts out with the upbeat, drum-driven song Relentless. Relentless is the most upbeat song of the 18 that grace it. The single off of this album, Scandal of Grace, reminds listeners the He is indeed “the Scandal of Grace” and it points to the fact that we need to constantly be living for Him.

Oceans is currently my top favorite worship song of 2013. It’s super mellow and almost mysterious. The chorus says “I will call upon Your name and keep my eyes above the waves. When oceans rise, my soul will rest in Your embrace, for I am Yours and You are mine.” It reminds me that, even when hard times come, God’s holding me and helping me through it all.


This whole album is amazing. I listen to a lot of worship music, but this one has a permanent place on my “top 5 worship albums” list. Listen to it and add it to your music library today!


Oceans by Hillsong United

No comments:

Post a Comment