Friday, January 31, 2014

Caught in a Whirlwind




Whirlwind. That's what these past 3 months have been. It feels like I've been caught up in a tornado that just keeps spinning and won't let me down. It sounds chaotic- and it is- but it's also pretty amazing.




In November, my laptop died (which is why I haven't been blogging) and I got a new camera. I literally can't remember what else I did in November. It seems like it was forever ago.




December was a total blessing. Basically, it was a break from normal life: no school, nothing that I normally do. It gave me a chance to chill and remember who I really am. It was filled with a lot of friend time. A few girls' nights and Starbucks dates make everything better. 



I also got to start painting and sketching again over break. It had been years since I picked up a pen or a paintbrush for something other than doodling. It was super freeing and fun! I found out that I'm not nearly as bad of an artist as I thought I was! I'm thinking about selling some of my art on storeenvy.com to raise some money for an upcoming mission trip I'm going on. 



In December, I discovered the Hunger Games Trilogy. I watched Catching Fire, read the Hunger Games books and became obsessed with the series. Seriously, though, read the books. They're so much better than the movies. The Catching Fire soundtrack is pretty good and you should definitely give it a listen. My favorite track: Elastic Heart by Sia, Diplo and The Weeknd. So good.



As usual, I spent a bunch of time at church, took a bunch of photos and listened to a ton of music.



Christmas break is truly a gift from God and I will never, ever doubt that. Ever.



January's been a little more hectic, but awesome all the same. Between school, volunteer camera/tech stuff at church, photoshoots, catching up on editing, friend time, family nights, church events, Heirs practices and the occasional art piece, life's been super crazy! It's not uncommon for me leave the house at around 10 or earlier and not get home till after 10pm.







Middle School Winter camp was super cool and crazy. Between me and the other leader, we led a cabin of 9 girls and it was incredible. The girls were super sweet and open to Christ. 7 of them dedicated or rededicated their lives to Christ! Awesome, right?! We also watched the Seahawks play their way into the superbowl, so that was cool.





Tomorrow morning I start photographing for a Hunger Games Fan Film: Weeping Willow. I literally cannot wait for this. I'm so excited!! I've been wanting to do a Hunger Games shoot since I watched Catching Fire and this is kind of a chance to do that.




Don't let me fool you into thinking that my life's perfect. It's far from it. There are quite a few things that have happened over the past couple months that I want to forget about, so I don't mention those on here. Despite the pain and things that I wish hadn't happened, life is still beautiful and I'm never alone.



Well, I guess I should probably get back to the Civics study guide that's calling my name. I'll post again when I find a few spare moments. In the meantime, you can follow me on twitter or instagram and keep up with my crazy, incredibly blessed and busy life.

God Bless,

Kandis

P.S. GO SEAHAWKS!


No comments:

Post a Comment