Thursday, November 28, 2013

thankful

I Am Thankful



I am thankful for family. Though my mom, dad and I don't always see eye-to-eye, they're always there for me. They support me and are constantly guiding me where I should go. Even when I think they're completely wrong, they're usually right. My sister is my best friend. It's not like we get along all the time, (HA!) but there's never been a moment that she's not there for me.

(My family plus Tenth Avenue North)




I'm thankful for my friends. Okay, friends is a lame term. They're my family, too. I wish I could list them all but there are way too many. All of them are irreplaceable. They've each impacted me in some way that I will never forget. I'm so thankful for the support system that God's given me.








I'm thankful for a home. A warm, safe house. It's not fancy, it's not the cleanest, it's not the newest but it's home and I love it. I'm also thankful for my (currently) messy room. It reminds me that I'm never lacking and will never run out of things to do.

I'm thankful for little things like my journal and twinkle lights because they make the day that much more awesome.

I'm thankful for my camera because two years ago, I never ever thought I'd be where I'm at now.

That being said, I'm incredibly for everyone that's let me take their picture. You've taken a chance on the new girl and I hope you're happy with the results. THANK YOU!






I'm thankful for new opportunities and experiences. For example, helping record an album of worship music, making new friends, leading a group of sixth grade middle schoolers, learning how to drive and making sugar cookies. (That's another story.)





I'm thankful for being homeschooled. I've heard all the jokes and stereotypes and missed the school dances (Prom? What's that? LOL.), but I am completely grateful to my parents for making the desicion to educate me and my sister at home. It's provided me with many unique chances to do things that I wouldn't have been able to do if I was in public school.

I am thankful for my church. I've only been going to CCC for about a year and half, but it's home. The people there are my second family. It's awesome.

Finally, I'm thankful for Jesus and His love for me. I don't know where I'd be with Him. He's my everything. It sounds cliche but it's so very true. Thank you, Jesus!

Words cannot describe how thankful I am this year.



Maybe Thanksgiving isn't your favorite holiday. Maybe you're not feeling thankful this year. If you need a reminder of how much we have to be thankful for, check out this video.


No comments:

Post a Comment