Thursday, May 28, 2015

THIS IS GRACE

I'm not a very logical person. To be quite honest, when it comes to most things, I'm more emotional than logical. I speak before I think, I'll believe almost anything you tell me, I wear my heart on my sleeve and I'll break into tears when faced with a problem rather than thinking through a solution. #realtalk.

But when it comes to my relationship with Christ, I tend to be skeptical and doubtful toward some of the simple truths. There's no logical explanation behind them.

For example: why would Someone so perfect and flawless and whole love someone so completely broken and sinful? The answer is love and I know that because I know all of the "Sunday School answers" but can you honestly tell me how it is possible for God- the Creator, Owner and Caretaker of EVERYTHING on earth and so far beyond my imagination- decided that He would not only see me in all my brokeness, but He would choose to love, adopt and save me from everything I ever have done, am doing or will do? It's beyond explanation. Love, as we define it, is not a deep enough description for this. And the only thing we have to do to have it is ask for it & accept it.

It makes   n o    s e n s e.

And it probably never will. My mind can't comprehend it.

But that's the beauty of it. It doesn't have to make sense. It's bigger than I can understand. It transcends logic and aims itself right at my heart. I try to wrap my mind around it and just as soon as I think I might understand it, it seems even bigger than it did before.

That's Grace. It's undeserved, it's unexplainable and, to me at least, it's completely illogical and uncomprehendable. (If that wasn't a word, it is now.)

Yesterday one of my favorite bands, Hillsong United, came out with a new album. The first song on Empires, Here Now (Madness), talks about this. The whole song is incredible but the words that stood out most to me were "faith makes a fool of what makes sense, Grace found my heart where logic ends." I feel like that perfectly sums up the majority of my relationship with Christ. Not everything is going to make sense and you just have to trust and have faith that by His Grace, it's going to work out.

"It makes no sense but this is Grace."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FSV1uAMbYqM

http://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/hillsongunited/herenowmadness.html

1 comment:

  1. The new 39mm Rolex Oyster Perpetual joins the 26, 31 and 34mm versions that replica watches uk were announced last year. Being the same size as the Rolex Explorer, the 39mm Rolex Oyster Perpetual uses the same movement, Rolex's calibre 3132. It's a simple but robust automatic movement offering three hands, no date, and COSC certification. The rolex replica uk Oyster Perpetual is a faithful but modern take on the Rolex Oyster model that Rolex launched in 1926. The rolex replica uk Oyster was, quite famously, the first waterproof watch in the world. That lineage can be seen in the rolex replica sale Oyster Perpetual's straightforward and practical design. Legibility is strong and the dial design offers nothing more replica watches than is necessary to display the time. The Rolex Oyster Perpetual (reference 114300) can be had in your choice of three dial replica watches sale colors - dark rhodium, red grape, or blue.

    ReplyDelete